The SPH Recipe for Turtle Chip Cookies
1 box Betty Crocker GF Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, made according to package directions
1/2 cup Heath (brand) Bit'o'Brickle bits
1/2 cup pecan pieces
Stir brickle bits and pecan pieces into chocolate chip cookie dough. Follow package directions for baking. Enjoy!
So, the humble chocolate chip is our focus today, and yes you really can do amazing things with this cookie, just like sugar cookie dough!
- Add 1/2 cup candy cane pieces, or the Andes Candies white candy cane baking chips. Buy both when they go on sale after the holidays. They store FOREVER!!!!
- Or add 1/2 cup peanut butter chips - great for those of us who LOVE those peanut butter cups! You can even add diced up peanuts for some awesome crunch.
- Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder for double chocolate chip.
- How about mint chip? To the double chocolate chip dough, add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. Maybe splurge a little and get the Andes Candies peppermint baking bits.
- Want mocha? Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee to the double chocolate chip.
- Ooh, go all out and make mint mocha by adding the coffee to the mint chip dough.
- Or cinnamon mocha by adding 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the coffee to the double chocolate chip.
- Maybe you're one of those "sophisticated folks" - use the cinnamon in the double chocolate chip dough, then also add some grated orange peel.
- If you make the dough from scratch, instead of regular chocolate chips, use white chocolate chips and add 1/2 cup Craisins. Or not - my hubby likes'em with just the white chips.
- Of course, we all know we can use MnM's instead of the chips - use red and green MnM's for that holiday look.
Post a Comment